General Statement (Summary of duties & responsibilities):
The incumbent is primarily responsible for conducting quality checks of Electronic Donor Records from organ doors to assess compliance with STA’s policies and procedures, government guidelines and laws.
Essential Job Functions:
1. Conducts quality checks of organ donor records to ensure accuracy of documentation in accordance with STA policy and procedure.
2. Documents findings from quality check in STA’s quality management software. Assigns required corrections to appropriate operations staff. When corrections have been addressed, confirms as complete and accurate.
3. Initiates variances discovered during quality checks of organ donor records in the quality management software.
4. Submits required data to regulatory agencies in accordance with their established timeframes.
5. Responsible for quality case locking of donor records following completion of quality check to ensure data integrity is not compromised.
6. Works in conjunction with clinical management and Director of Education to educate staff on charting requirements.
7. Provides management with trend reports of quality check findings produced from the quality management software. Assists with analysis of trend reports.
8. As appropriate, attends departmental and leadership team meetings.
9. Performs other duties as assigned.
Job Type: Full-time
Education and Work Experience Qualifications:
1. Associates degree in health sciences preferred. Three years of experience in a medical records or quality assurance role preferred
2. Knowledge of medical terminology and medical records/ procedures required.
3. Knowledge of organ and tissue procurement and/or transplantation preferred.
4. Experience with Q-Pulse and iTransplant preferred.
5. Exceptional attention to detail.
6. Must demonstrate effective analytical, interpersonal, and time management skills.
7. Excellent communication skills required. Must have the ability to communicate effectively with all levels of personnel.
8. Ability to work both independently and as part of a team required.
9. Ability to cope with high levels of stress and able to handle a heavy workload.
About Southwest Transplant Alliance
Southwest Transplant Alliance (STA) is a nonprofit organization that is dedicated to fulfilling the gifts of organ and tissue donation. We provide hope to the families grieving a tremendous loss and to the individuals awaiting a lifesaving transplant.