The Quality & Commissioning Manager within Helix Electric's Transportation division reports to the Project Manager. The QA/QC Specialist is responsible for working closely with the Project Manager and Superintendent to support the department with QAQC and final commissioning implementation and execution. The specialist will produce Quality Assurance & Quality Control reports, commissioning reports, and conduct final acceptance documentation for the project.
The focus will be on creating Site Specific Quality, Testing, Commissioning Plans, performing quality of work and commissioning training, performing construction in-progress quality inspections and reports.
The Quality & Commissioning Manager will perform a final system inspection to ensure the system is safe to energize and work with the project team to commission both the transit electric power system, electrical distribution system, and data acquisition system (DAS) for the department.
Roles and Responsibility
· Represent the company by providing services of exceptional value
· Enforce all company quality standards while performing inspections, audits, and commissioning work
· Develop Site-Specific Quality / Testing / Commissioning Plans based on contract/customer requirements and HEI standards
· Train HEI personnel on projects on quality standards and documentation
· Travel to projects and perform construction in-progress quality inspections at intervals determined by the General Superintendent and or Project Team
· Perform periodic QAQC on-site documentation checks and status updates
· Attend pre-commissioning meetings and project meeting to help ensure that the project team is ready for a final quality inspection and
· Coordinate final quality inspection and commissioning schedule with the project team, General Superintendent and update Department tracker
· Prepare for all quality inspections and commissioning work by reviewing construction and monitoring plans, specifications, product submittals, product installation manuals, RFI log, QC photos, current quality inspection, and test reports, etc
· Ensure that all inspections and commissioning work is done under a written Pre task plan to performing the duties
· Call off the commissioning if non-conformances that effect the safety of personnel or the system are identified and cannot be resolved during the planned commissioning schedule
· Responsible for the Quality Assurance and Quality Control for the project and shall be fully familiar with the Federal Transit Agency's quality requirements
· Submit quality inspection and audit reports for review and approval, recordkeeping, and distribution to the project teams
· Track all projects on Department tracker and follow up on all status of corrective action items, completion or progress.
· Enhance the department with Quality program improvements and comments through lessons learned observations.
What is needed to be successful
· Posses ASQ Certification and trained as a Lead Auditor in a Registrar Accredited Board of American Society for Quality (ASQ) approved course for requirements of ISO 9001
· Minimum of 5 years in the electrical construction field with experience in transit/traffic, transportation, MV Switchgear
· Minimum of 2 years of management experience in production, manufacturing, or construction environment performing QA/QC auditing
· Experience with electrical equipment and conductors to ensure safe testing, QC, and commissioning
· Experience with safe start-up of electrical systems
· Able to travel as needed
· Experience with de-energizing, Lockout tag of electrical systems
· Working knowledge of NFPA 70 (NEC) and 70E (Electrical Safety in the Workplace)
· Excellent knowledge of data acquisition systems (monitoring, communications, networking)
· Strong work ethic and excellent attention to detail
· Up to date and current computer knowledge, including Excel, MS Office, email, internet, DAS software, interface systems, Bluebeam
· Strong communication and interpersonal skills, teamwork attitude
· Clean DMV, drug test results, and background check
Helix Electric is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer committed to diversity in our workforce. It is our policy to attract and retain the best-qualified people available, without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability or status as a Special Disabled Veteran, Vietnam Era Veteran or other qualifying veteran. Diverse employees/candidates are encouraged to respond. Helix Electric is committed to developing and maintaining a workplace which reflects the diversity of the communities we serve. EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled/VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
Helix Electric, one of the most successful open-shop electrical contracting companies in the nation, has expertise with projects in virtually every field of electrical construction. Our corporate culture, engineering talent, customer-centric approach, and focus on being the best in the industry, help us stand out among our peers. Helix is on the look-out for individuals who don’t view their weekdays spent at ‘a job’ but rather look to develop valuable skills that ignite their passion and lead to a CAREER. If you’re attracted to a work hard, play hard environment and seek the guidance, training and experience necessary to build a lucrative career, then we’re the right company for you.
BACK TO TOP
ASA Job Board is Just One of the Benefits.
Discover what else ASA has to offer!
The job you are trying to reach from was originally posted at ASA Job Board.