VCC is a community development financial institution (CDFI) with a mission to create jobs, energize places, and promote an enhanced quality of life. With offices in Christiansburg, Norfolk and Richmond, we offer innovative and flexible financial tools. In addition, we provide professional advisory services to individuals and organizations in low-to-moderate income and underserved communities. For more information about VCC, visit: https://www.vacommunitycapital.org/
VCC is seeking a Loan Operations Specialist to ensure accurate and timely operations of the Bank's loan process. Duties include but are not limited to booking loans on loan system, imaging loan documents, verifying and auditing loan input, following up for loan documentation files (credit/collateral), maintaining document tracking exceptions, completing, and reviewing daily reports and balancing, performing loan research, and resolving problems, and processing loan payoffs. Position should be accessible to either our Richmond or Christiansburg office.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
· Book and verify new loans, renewals, modifications, letters of credit and guidance lines of credit.
· Book and verify new SBA loans.
· Scan, index, and verify loan files to system accordingly.
· Post-closing loan review.
· Post payments draws and principal reductions.
· Edit loans booked to loan platform for accuracy.
· Process loan payoffs to include collateral releases.
· Participation processing – both purchased and sold.
· Clear loan unposted transactions.
· Loan account research.
· General loan questions/research.
· Execute recording/release of applicable documents.
· Document exception tracking/reporting.
· Balance loan general ledger clearing accounts.
· Filing of all loan and credit files.
· Scanning trailing documents and filing them in the appropriate loan or credit file on a daily basis.
· Works closely with the lenders and with auditors to pull files for review.
· Works closely with the lenders to determine when a line of credit loan is to be released.
· Releasing collateral on loans such as UCC’s, Titles, and Deeds of Trust.
· Sending Paid loan documents to customers.
· Segregating the Paid Loan files.
· Timely filing of UCC Continuations.
· Review exception reports to ensure that proper insurance coverage is always maintained during the life of the loan.
· Coordinate Force Placing Coverage when necessary.
· Assist External and Internal Customers with questions or issues as they arise related to Loans.
· Serves as back up for USDA Reporting semi-annually.
· Loan Fee Report
· Commitment Status Report
· Back up for Loan Operations Specialist III.
Perform other duties as directed
Education, Experience, Certifications:
Minimum high school diploma and 6 months to 1 year experience in a bank lending or loan operations environment. Knowledge of accounting is preferred. Organizational, communication and computer/technology skills.
Compensation and Benefits:
VCC offers a competitive salary based on experience and skills, as well as an excellent benefits package including health, disability, and life insurance, 401(k) savings plan with employer match, and paid time off. The salary range for this position is $32,000-$45,000. In addition to salary, this position is eligible for a bonus opportunity if bonuses are paid in any given calendar year. Position closes on 7/31/21.
Click link to apply or mail or fax resume with cover letter to:
Virginia Community Capital
7814 Carousel Lane, Suite 100
Richmond, VA 23294
Fax: (804) 939-6180
VCC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. VCC does not discriminate in hiring or employment practices on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, marital or familial status, national origin, non-job related disability, or status as a veteran.