The College of St. Scholastica is seeking a Talent Acquisition Specialist to join our HR team. The Talent Acquisition Specialist is responsible for ongoing recruitment strategies that ensure a positive experience for applicants and create a competitive advantage for the College while advancing our mission, vision and strategic priorities. Responsibilities include planning, sourcing, attracting, hiring, and onboarding diverse and high-quality talent. In addition, the position serves as a Human Resources Business Partner/Generalist for assigned divisions.
A Bachelor’s degree in business administration, or a related field; AND at least four (4) years of professional search and selection experience; OR an equivalent combination of education, training and experience are required.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities: - Demonstrated experience with identifying talent gaps, sourcing, screening, selecting, hiring, and onboarding.
- Experience in on-line/social media recruiting.
- Demonstrated knowledge of various recruiting techniques.
- Strong technology skills in the areas of Google, Microsoft Office, staffing tools such as applicant tracking/management systems, and electronic job boards.
- Strong organizational and time management skills; Ability to multitask and meet deadlines
- Strong planning and analytical skills.
- Ability to problem solve various HR issues and concerns effectively while maintaining confidentiality.
- Excellent written and oral communications skills and the ability to effectively represent the College as an employer of choice.
- Highly functional knowledge of employment law specific to the DOL, EEOC, Affirmative Action, and other state and federal employment law.
- Demonstrated customer service focus and history of building supportive and collaborative relationships; ability to work independently and collaboratively with a wide diversity of people; solid negotiation skills and ability to interact with employees at all levels of the College.
For more information and to apply, visit www.csshrjobs.com. The College of St. Scholastica is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer committed to creating an educational and work environment that is rich in diversity, inclusive and supportive of all students, faculty and staff. We recruit, employ, train, compensate, and promote without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Women and other under-represented groups are encouraged to apply.
About The College of St. Scholastica
The College of St. Scholastica (CSS) is a thriving independent private college with its main campus overlooking Lake Superior in Duluth, extended campuses throughout Minnesota and vibrant online programs that attract learners from around the world. Since 1912, The College of St. Scholastica has been preparing students for responsible living and meaningful work by emphasizing the Catholic Benedictine values upon which it was founded: Community, Hospitality, Respect, Stewardship and Love of Learning. At CSS, equity and inclusion are viewed as key ingredients to academic excellence and student success.
Duluth is a beautiful and vibrant city of 86,000 set on the shore of Lake Superior, the largest freshwater lake by surface area in the world. For outdoor enthusiasts, Duluth offers four seasons of first-rate opportunities: beaches, bike paths, jogging trails, ski resorts, cross-country skiing trails, boating and fishing sites, and rinks for skating, curling, and hockey. The Boundary Waters Canoe Area Wilderness is an easy drive. Outside magazine has recently named Duluth as the number one “Outside City” in the US. The magazine also named Duluth as a runner-up fo...r the “best adventure hub” in a worldwide survey of destinations for outdoor activities. The College was also pleased to learn that the nonprofit American Institute for Economics ranked Duluth as one of America’s best small metropolitan areas for college students. Similarly, the travel site DreamPlanGo named Duluth in the Top Ten of America’s Most Scenic College Towns. Duluth’s public schools are Minnesota’s most highly ranked, the cost of living is considered reasonable, and the city has more acres of municipal public parks than any other city in the country. The arts scene is booming with galleries, music venues, and a lively theater and dance community.