Category: Nurse Practitioner Location: Somerville, MA 02143 Job Type: Full Time
CHA will add 42 new child, adolescent and specialized autism spectrum/neurodevelopmental beds at its Somerville Campus, bringing CHA's capacity to 69 youth beds. The new CHA Center of Excellence for Child and Adolescent Inpatient Mental Health Care at Somerville will provide a transformative continuum of patient- and family-centered care for diverse youth with mental health needs. The Center will also provide unique opportunities for training and research at CHA to identify when, where and how to positively impact trajectories of the Commonwealth's most vulnerable youth.
Under the general direction of the Medical Director, and within established hospital and departmental policies and procedures, performs a variety of duties designed to meet the health care needs of individuals, families, and the community in general. Essential job functions are focused on customer satisfaction, effective use of resources, teamwork, innovation and continuous quality improvement. The responsibility of creating a respectful environment for patients and staff is a Core Value of the Cambridge Health Alliance. All employees are expected to treat patients and co-workers respectfully. This includes demonstrating respect for differences in language, culture, race, religion, citizenship, gender, and sexual orientation, without discriminating on the basis of income, insurance status, immigration status or disability. Provides evaluation and treatment for assigned caseload of patients providing a range of psychosocial care. The patients' care is client-focused and goal oriented with a focus on improving or restoring the patient's functional level.
Specific duties shall include (but are not limited to:
· Perform admissions.
· Respond to restraints and seclusions within one hour.
· Perform clinical assessments and evaluations.
· Plan, implement and revise treatment in consultation with multidisciplinary teams and with community agencies as appropriate.
· Completes patient chart documentation as required by all pertinent governing bodies in a timely manner.
· Demonstrates ability to manage emergency situations in a prompt, precise and professional manner.
· Demonstrates expertise in nonviolent crisis prevention and management.
· All responsibilities will be consistent with the scope of practice acts governing health care in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts.
·MSN credentialed as an advanced practice clinician in Psychiatry
·Current Massachusetts licensure authorizing practice in an expanded role; eligible to prescribe. MA. RN Licensure required