Real Estate Development Project Manager will have 3 to 5 years of experience to process existing development pursuits and assist with new target opportunities. He/she/they will leverage their skills and experience in affordable housing best practices to take a significant leadership role in the creation of new housing for RUPCO’s growing portfolio.
Must have experience and be technically proficient in aspects of affordable housing real estate development, including finance, grant writing, entitlement, design, construction, lease-up and operations.
Overview of Duties:
• Identifying acquisition opportunities, including evaluating over-all project feasibility.
• Researching, preparing and submitting funding and grant applications
• Securing acquisition, predevelopment, construction and permanent financing
• Oversee the negotiation of major agreements and financing documents, including limited partnership agreements, loan documents, construction contracts, architectural agreements, and property management agreements.
• Develop and underwrite pro forms, budget and project narratives, based on targeted audience, Real Estate development matrix, local need and other functions as needed.
• Coordinate with architect, engineer, landscape architects, interior designers, property owners, project managers, and other team members
• Negotiate and draft contract terms and scope with design consultants and contractors.
• Manage project time-line, ensuring milestones are met on time and within budget.
• Oversee the construction draw process and develop monthly project reports.
• Responsible for managing and executing project contracts in accordance with department and corporate requirements.
• Maintain compliance in all federal, state and local regulations and other mandated guidelines and polices request to Real Estate and Community Development, including safety and quality assurance.
• Manage files, provide reports and perform other administration tasks as needed.
Skills and Experience:
• A minimum of three to five years’ experience in community development, municipal governance and or affordable housing. Bachelors and/or Master’s Degree in Urban or Community Planning, Business or related field preferred.
• Experience and technically proficient in aspects of affordable housing real estate development, including finance, entitlement, design, construction, lease-up and operations.
• Ability to analyze complex data, perform sophisticated analysis and make appropriate recommendations and decisions. Experience with Excel and word processing software. Experience with Project Management software a plus.
• Experience in grant writing, entitlement process, public sector funding, public speaking and non- profit organizations. Excellent communication, team building spirit, interpersonal skills, and conflict resolution skills necessary.
• Ability to organize, work independently, delegate, negotiate, and problem solve. Must have a commitment to the mission of the organization and a passion for providing affordable homes and support services to the area’s most vulnerable populations.
• Must have valid driver’s license and reliable transportation.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions.
In the course of performing the job, this position typically spends time sitting, standing, climbing stairs, walking, driving, carrying (20lbs), and lifting (20lbs). Operating a computer keyboard, firm strong grasping, and repetitive hand control. Makes and received telephone calls. Use of general office equipment: copier, fax machine and scanner. Subjected to outside environmental conditions.
* We are an equal opportunity employer. Diversity is a core value at RUPCO. We are passionate about building and sustaining and inclusive and equitable work environment for all employees.
Additional Salary Information: Candidates who meet all of the requirements of the position are encouraged to submit a letter of interest and resume. There may be some flexibility in salary for a qualified candidate.
About RUPCO, Inc
For 40 years, RUPCO, a 501-c-3 not-for-profit agency, has been a leader in the Hudson Valley region in creating and maintaining quality, sustainable housing and rental opportunities, inspiring understanding & acceptance of affordable housing initiatives, fostering community development & revitalization, & providing opportunity to people to improve their living standards.
Our mission is to create homes, support people and improve communities. Our vision is for strong, vibrant and diverse communities with opportunity and a home for everyone. RUPCO is recognized as a leader in affordable housing initiatives & community revitalization, known for our quality work & professional staff. With 40 years of experience, RUPCO has achieved success through careful analysis of our projects, prudent use of resources, attentive management of our properties and operations, & adaptation of our programs to meet the needs of our clients. ns.
At RUPCO, we believe that everyone deserves quality, healthy and sustainable housing at an affordable price and we know communities thrive when there is diversity in their economic make-up and housing stock. Housing is a critical component of effective econ...omic development and open space policy and there is a proven connection between creation of stable housing and the positive impact on jobs, education, health, the economy, public safety, and other important facets of American life.
Housing Choice – We have an unparalleled commitment, both as an organization and as individuals, to creating quality, affordable housing and making it accessible to everyone. By expanding access to homes, we help individuals, families and communities create the stability they need to thrive.
Improved Communities – We create stronger and safer communities for all through the development, improvement, preservation and addition of housing and business opportunities throughout the region.
Better Lives – We educate, counsel and provide opportunity for people to manage their resources to improve their living standards.