Oversees third party fulfillment centers responsible for receiving and managing finished goods inventory and fulfilling customer orders and third-party logistics providers across the supply chain. The Senior Manager will lead the identification, contracting, and management of third- party fulfillment centers and logistics providers including establishing and managing service level agreements and cost/benefit analyses of various fulfillment and logistics alternatives. The Senior Manager will also participate in supply and demand forecasting for finished goods and collaborate with others to ensure the continuous supply of expected finished goods. Document existing procedures and validate new product food costs according to recipes and yields. Reports to the VP of Operations who reports to the COO/ CFO.
Management experience is required with demonstrated capabilities in goal setting, tactical formation and execution working with teams of people from diverse backgrounds. You must be able to identify potential problems and work collaboratively to avoid them.
Experience with food distribution in restaurants and/or retail including managing third party service providers.
4+ years of supply chain management experience with strong analytical acumen.
Proficiency with Microsoft Excel
Bachelor’s Degree in Supply Chain Management, Accounting or Engineering preferred
Preferred location is greater Chicago or Denver with monthly travel expected'
1. Manage activities conducted by fulfillment centers to handle inventory, process customers order information, pick and pack customer orders, ship customer orders, and oversee shared forecasts, schedules, attainments, and customer service levels.
2. Manage third party logistics providers including analyzing and evaluating logistics costs embedded in raw materials, work in process, and finished goods to develop and execute more effective solutions to serve customers at an optimal cost.
3. Identify and contract with third party fulfillment centers and logistics companies.
4. Establish, monitor, and audit performance metrics/KPIs for fulfillment centers, support continuous improvement and corrective action plans.
5. Support strategic assessment of supply chain needs for changing market conditions, new business opportunities, new product launches and cost reduction strategies.
6. Work with sales and marketing team to hit expected gross margins.
7. Participate in the coordination of product line extensions or new product launches to ensure orderly and timely transitions from manufacturing through fulfillment to the end customers.
8. Other duties as assigned.
A Little Something Extra:
A love for food and beverage with fun and surprising culinary interests.
Additional Salary Information: Benefits include medical, dental, vision, basic life and 401(k).
About Stealth Tech Food Startup
A food development company with a culture focused on Innovation, Collaboration and
Acceleration. Our team is made up of energetic and talented individuals, with a passion for
driving positive change in the food industry.