Outreach & Recruitment Coordinator, Graduate School
Regular, Full-time - MR07
The Vice Provost and Dean of the Graduate School at the University of Tennessee, Knoxville invites applications for the position of Outreach & Recruitment Coordinator. Salary is commensurate with experience and qualifications.
This position reports to the Associate Dean of the Graduate School and is responsible for many of the day-to-day outreach and recruitment efforts. The person hired in the position will be responsible for planning and coordinating outreach and recruitment events, data tracking and analysis on the success of the events, and developing new strategies for growing the overall number of applications as well as diversifying the graduate/professional student applicant pool. This position will also assist the Associate Dean with services to student groups with the intention of creating a more inclusive student experience.
The Outreach & Recruitment Coordinator will have the following responsibilities:
Planning and coordinating recruitment initiatives
Coordinating campus visits, including visits from minority-serving institutions and schools that have McNair scholars
Developing, analyzing, and maintaining communication strategies with prospective students
Assisting the Associate Dean with services to student groups (e.g., Multicultural Graduate Student Organization) with the goal of supporting an inclusive campus environment for all graduate and professional students
Some of the specific duties of the Outreach & Recruitment Coordinator will include:
* Identifying, recommending and traveling to major recruitment venues for diversity recruitment efforts and to establish/maintain relationships with our partner institutions (this will require work outside of the normal work week).
* Collecting data and analyzing the success of our recruitment initiatives; providing reports and recommending strategies to improve our success in recruitment of graduate students.
* Continuously refining approaches to increase the number of graduate applications and the diversity of the applicant pool.
* Identifying institutions with McNair Scholars and establish/fortify relationships with them, coordinate campus visits, and collaborate with colleges to provide tours and/or representatives to speak with prospective students during the visits.
* Developing strategies to increase campus visits and provide a rich experience for those who come to our campus. Analyzing the success of our campus visitation program and make recommendations for improvement.
* Collaborating with the Associate Dean, the Communications Manager, and staff in the Office of Graduate Admissions to ensure our communication strategies to prospective students is welcoming and effective. Making recommendations if improvements are needed.
* Providing direct communication with prospective students and admitted students as needed.
* Develop and conduct student satisfaction surveys and provide and analysis to the Graduate School leadership team.
* Assist with events such as orientations sessions and GPSAW activities.
Other duties as assigned.
Internal Number: 221054
Our primary mission is to move forward the frontiers of human knowledge and enrich and elevate the citizens of the state of Tennessee, the nation, and the world. As the preeminent research-based, land-grant university in the state, UT embodies the spirit of excellence in teaching, research, scholarship, creative activity, outreach, and engagement attained by the nation’s finest public research institutions.