Explore and excel. At Banner Health, health care is a team effort. One might be surprised by the number of people who work behind the scenes and play a critical role in ensuring the best care for our patients. Apply today.
Become a part of Academic Medicine in the only Level 1 Trauma Center in Southern Arizona! Our Operating Room (OR) has 22 suites where we provide services for a wide range of adult and pediatric patients including Cardiovascular, Transplants, Neurosurgery, Robotics, Orthopedics, and Urology with a knowledgeable group of around 150 staff. We also work with Plastics, Spines, OB/GYN, dental, ENT, Eyes, and Oncology procedures. We bring even more innovative technology to our organization, our Surgery Team brought in the new da Vinci Si and Xi Surgical Systems!
This opportunity has full-time available of Monday- Friday 11am-7:30pm. Enjoy an 18%-night shift differential when applicable. In this unique, exciting environment of surgery are: Cleaning and turning over operating rooms between surgeries and to restock supplies, linen and fluids. Depending on the shift worked, responsibilities could include terminally cleaning the operating room. Also responsible for miscellaneous tasks such as transporting lab specimens, equipment and records. Transportation of patients and supplies may also be required. Requires BLS CPR Card.
Take a virtual tour of a unit at Banner - University Medical Center Tucson.
University Medical Center Tucson Banner - University Medical Center Tucson is nationally recognized for providing exceptional patient care, teaching future health-care professionals and conducting groundbreaking research. Also located on the campus is Diamond Children's - recognized for its specialized pediatric services including neonatal and intensive care, emergency medicine and cancer therapies. Banner - University Medical Center Tucson is a Level 1 Trauma Center, meaning we care for the most critically injured patients. The hospital is consistently listed among the nation's top hospitals in the prestigious Best Hospitals ranking by U.S. News & World Report. The hospital's physicians are full-time faculty of the University of Arizona College of Medicine - Tucson. Our specialty services include comprehensive heart and cancer care, advanced neuroscience techniques and a multi-organ transplant program.
POSITION SUMMARY This position is responsible for collection, inventory, cleaning and distribution of medical supplies and patient care equipment for the unit. This position is also responsible for miscellaneous tasks such as transporting patients and supplies, and may include transporting health records, lab specimens and equipment to other areas. This position may provide basic, hands-on, patient care as requested by supervisor.
CORE FUNCTIONS 1. Inventories, orders, replenishes, and disperses supplies within the department, ensuring all areas and carts are appropriately stocked and the supplies are readily accessible to the clinical staff. Assists with transportation, delivery, and pick-up of supplies, health records, lab specimens, and/or equipment. Rotates and inventories stock to ensure sterile packaging integrity and current expiration dates. Monitors utilization and recommends changes as appropriate. Maintains quality records of various department equipment, supplies, storage areas, etc.
2. Maintains unit equipment, instruments and trays in accordance with department policy. Cleans, sorts, assembles equipment, instruments and/or trays according to standard set-up and replaces in designated areas, ensuring they are readily accessible. Responsible for finding and bringing equipment or instruments for procedures, under the direction of the clinical staff. May check instruments and equipment, as assigned, to see if they need repair and liaison with technology management.
3. Maintains clean and safe work environment and discards soiled linen and trash. Completes room set-up which may include comprehensive cleaning, bed turnover and preparation of special procedure carts. Remove debris from floors, walls, equipment and other surfaces using disinfectant, damp mops etc.
4. Provides basic, hands-on, patient care as requested by supervisor, including but not limited to patient transport and ambulation.
5. May provide general support to the department, including performing administrative tasks and greeting and assisting patients, visitors, physicians, and ancillary personnel. May provide back-up support for Monitor Techs in designated departments - this will require additional specialized training provided by the department.
6. This position works under local supervision and has responsibility for assigned unit only. Incumbents work in a fast-paced, sometimes stressful environment with a strong focus on customer service. Interacts with staff at all levels throughout the facility. Customers are patients, families, physicians, unit staff, case managers, patient service staff and medical records staff. Interacts with a wide variety of external customers.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS High school diploma/GED or equivalent working knowledge.
BLS certification required.
Requires skills and abilities typically attained with 6 months of healthcare experience. Must possess excellent organizational skills, as well as effective human relations and communication skills. Working knowledge of medical terminology is required. Banner Registry and Travel positions require a minimum of one year experience in an acute care hospital setting. Experience must include working in an acute care setting within the past 12 months as a Unit Assistant in the specialty area.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS Knowledge of patient related supplies, materials, equipment and aseptic techniques are preferred.
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
What might draw you to Banner Health? A great health care career, of course—and a great place to live, no matter what stage of life you’re in. With facilities across the West, there is a health care career for everyone, from big city living in the Phoenix area to friendly small towns in the mountains and plains. As one of the largest nonprofit health systems in the country, Banner Health offers both the stability that comes with success and the possibility of exploring new areas of the country. If you’re looking to be a key contributor to a forward-looking organization, you’ll experience a wide variety of professional advantages:
Our expansive system offers you an unmatched variety of clinical settings – from large urban trauma center to small rural hospital, ambulatory to home health.
Our commitment to healthcare innovation means you always have the latest technologies at your fingertips to help you provide the finest care possible.
The size, success and growth of our system provide you with the stability and options to pursue your desired career path.
Competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits offer you options to complement your unique needs.