Stryker is one of the world’s leading medical technology companies and, together with our customers, is driven to make healthcare better. We offer innovative products and services in Orthopaedics, Medical and Surgical, and Neurotechnology and Spine that help improve patient and hospital outcomes.
We are proud to be named the #5 World’s Best Workplaces and a Best Workplace for Diversity by Fortune Magazine. Learn more about our award-winning organization by visiting stryker.com
Why engineering at Stryker?
At Stryker we are dedicated to improving lives, with a passion for researching and developing new medical device products. As an engineer at Stryker, you will be proud of the work that you will be doing, using cutting-edge technologies to make healthcare better. Here, you will work in a supportive culture with other incredibly talented and intelligent people, creating industry-leading medical technology products. You will also have growth opportunities as we have a culture that supports your personal and professional development.
Come join our team of talented engineers and help us develop innovative products to help our customers!
Who we are: Stryker is one of the world's leading medical technology companies and is dedicated to helping healthcare professionals perform their jobs more efficiently while enhancing patient care. The Company offers a diverse array of innovative medical technologies, including reconstructive, medical and surgical, and neurotechnology and spine products to help people lead more active and more satisfying lives.
We are currently seeking an Electrical Quality Engineer in Portage, MI to support electromechanical devices used for patient treatment in a hospital setting. This is an entry level position with tremendous opportunities to grow with an innovative medical device company.
This position is located in Portage MI.
Who we want:
Detail-oriented process improvers. Critical thinkers who naturally see opportunities to develop and optimize work processes - finding ways to simplify, standardize and automate.
Collaborative partners. People who build and leverage cross-functional relationships to bring together ideas, data and insights to drive continuous improvement in functions.
Dedicated achievers. People who thrive in a fast-paced environment and will stop at nothing to ensure a project is complete and meets regulations and expectations.
What you will do:
● Engage in the design, development, manufacturing, and risk management activities for new product development projects. Engage in design reviews by identifying risks associated with the product used and tracking how the design, documentation, and manufacturing process mitigate those issues throughout the development process.
● Support risk management activities for new product development teams by developing risk management plans and reports, conducting risk reviews, verifying implementation and effectiveness of risk controls.
● Participate in design reviews by identifying risks associated with the product use and tracking how the design, documentation, and manufacturing process mitigate those issues throughout the development process.
● Support product design transfers to internal and/or external manufacturing facilities.
What you will need:
● Bachelor's Degree in Software Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or Computer Science Engineering (or other engineering degree with relevant electrical or software experience)
● 0- 2 years of related experience, including experience from a regulated industry such as medical device, automotive, aerospace or electronics
Stryker is one of the world's leading medical technology companies and, together with our customers, we are driven to make healthcare better. The Company offers a diverse array of innovative products and services in Orthopaedics, Medical and Surgical, and Neurotechnology and Spine that help improve patient and hospital outcomes. Stryker is active in over 100 countries around the world.
Together with our customers, we are driven to make healthcare better.
At Stryker, quality is first in everything we do. We are driven to make healthcare better for our customers by
providing innovative products and services that meet regulatory requirements through our effective quality system.
The Company was founded in 1941 by Dr. Homer Stryker and incorporated in 1946 as the Orthopedic Frame Company. In 1964, the Company’s name was changed to Stryker Corporation.
• $13.6 billion in annual sales in 2018; annual revenue has grown for 39 straight years
• 17.1% CAGR (compound annual growth rate) in sales over 39 years
• ~36,000 employees globally in 2018
• 43 manufacturing and research & development locat...ions worldwide
• Included in the Standard & Poor’s 500 Index
• Ranked # 233 on Fortune Magazine’s “FORTUNE 500” list for 2019
• Ranked # 3 on Fortune Magazine’s “World’s Most Admired Companies” list for the “Medical Equipment” industry for 2019
• Ranked # 11 on Fortune Magazine’s “100 Best Companies to Work For” list (U.S.) for 2019
• Spent $862 million on R&D in 2018
• 7,784 patents owned globally in 2018
• Initial public offering of stock was in 1979
• Listed on the New York Stock Exchange under ticker SYK