MV+A Architects is seeking a qualified licensed architect or construction professional with extensive experience in Construction Administration to lead our efforts during the construction of our projects. The ideal candidate is a successful Project Architect or Project Manager and is particularly adept at Construction Administration and all it entails. This is a unique opportunity to fill a critical role at an established, respected, and very successful firm, working on a wide variety of mixed-use and retail projects.
Professionals with a background in Construction Administration, working as a successful Project Manager with a keen interest in construction, or with a background in Project Management with a general contractor will all be considered.
As Construction Administration Manager, you will:
- Be the primary lead architect during construction on at least one major project (over $50,000,000) and other smaller projects (>$15,000,000) working with Project Managers for each project.
- Be responsible for creating and managing the firm’s Construction Administration policies and procedures.
- Support other Project Managers as they lead CA efforts on their projects.
- Regularly meet with and report to the firm principals and Project Managers to update them on current projects under construction.
- Create a forum for mentoring the firm staff on the firm’s CA efforts and policies.
- Perform peer reviews of Construction Documents prior to issuance.
- Manage a variety of data management and data transfer software.
- Stay abreast of current construction practices, technologies and professional liability issues.
MV+A is an established, award-winning architecture and planning firm located in the heart of Washington DC. Our work consists of the planning and design of mixed-use, retail, commercial, and residential projects, both within the mid-Atlantic region and beyond.