ALSAC/St. Jude is willing to relocate the candidate to Memphis TN.
Internal Number: R0005826
Provides strategic direction and oversight for the operations planning and event execution for the St. Jude Memphis Marathon weekend. Identifies operational resources in regional St. Jude Walk/Run markets to provide logistical support for event day execution. Manage all event operations/logistics for Memphis Fitness based events. Oversee and establish procedures for Fitness partnerships. Provide supervision and leadership to the event operations team. Manages key relationships with major Fitness Partners in the endurance industry. Attend annual industry conferences.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1. Develops and implements the operational plan for the St. Jude Memphis Marathon weekend. Utilizes industry expertise to develop annual growth and expansion plans. Responsible for development and long term annual strategic and operational/safety plans for SJMMW.
2. Manage operations/logistics for SJWR markets to enhance participant experience. Create policies & procedures for SJWR markets across the country. Provide operational leadership for regional walk events assigned on an annual basis.
3. Evaluate operational event support activities and make recommendations that improve participant safety & experience.
4. Develop long-term plan to expand outdoor cycling based fundraising events.
5. Serves as a key member of Fitness Leadership Team and oversees programming operational components related to events as assigned. Builds effective relationships with other St. Jude departments to implement effective event operation plans.
6. Ensure regional liaison staff from the Training Department are fully supported in providing logistical support for regional events as assigned. Design and implement plan for execution by event operation staff for all applicable fitness events and Southern Region events as assigned.
7. Evaluate the current relationship between ALSAC and the Memphis Runners Track Club (MRTC). Develop recommendations for expanding the relationship in light of current shifting of SJMMW event support roles.
Requires knowledge of industry standards of fitness event operations
Very strong communication and interpersonal skills; public speaking skills
Understand difficult verbal and written instructions
Understand data processing applications (Microsoft Office Suite)
Knowledge ordinarily acquired through attainment of a Bachelor Degree and 7 plus years of event logistics
Course design/management, race/walk course development experience required
ALSAC exists to raise funds and awareness for St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital.
Our staff is dynamic and diverse. Our skills are different, our professions are varied; but
our mission is the same: support the lifesaving mission of St. Jude. It’s more than a
job; it’s a place where you can do what you love, and love why you do it.
o #1 Hospital Charity in the Nation
o #1 Health Non-Profit Brand of the Year
o 94% of Employees Agree ALSAC is a Great Place to Work
o Ranked a Top 10 Non-Profit Organization by Revenue